Monday, August 23, 2010

We Got Culture - Well Sorta

Last night Bev & I went to get us some culture. We drove to Hyannis for dinner and a concert. We saw the Temptations and the Four Tops at the Cape Cod Melody Tent. It was a blustery night, so the tent rocked with the music. We were the youngest folks there (not true - I'm sure someone brought their grand-kids, but the lady next to me was on oxygen). A fun time, since these were the songs we heard in kindergarten (not true - it was high school).  And I haven't seen lavender leisure suits since.....????

Although the season is nearly over, it needs to be said that the Cape Cod Melody Tent has some fabulous entertainment for all ages during it's summer season. Check out the schedule on their website.... Here. It's a unique venue with no bad seats. We sat in the last row (row 19) in the back of the tent, but the revolving stage provided us with great viewing for the show.

Lastly - for those who are nostalgic for the old sounds, here's the Four Tops doing "My Girl" on Youtube. This song was huge in 1981 (well after my kindergarten days).  Enjoy!

No comments: