Sunday, August 08, 2010

Free Money For Energy Upgrades

The Federal government has a number of energy related rebates (mostly in the form of tax credits) that expire at the end of 2010. Likewise, many states has plans that are expiring soon.  Massachusetts had a special tax credit for energy efficient appliances, which unfortunately has expired.

Some eligible items for a federal tax credit include insulation, windows and doors, roofs, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, water heaters and biomass stoves. Additionally, a tax credit is also available for some more advanced energy improvements, including solar panels and wind turbines.

There are lots of 'details, so start by reading the article on the Wall Street Journal's MarketWatch website.,, Here. One of the details is that the home must be your primary residence, not a rental home.

No comments: