Thursday, April 29, 2010
This lot is listed at $479,000. Call me for details, at 508-237-9545.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- Is your vacation home a vacation home?
- Tax deductions for rental homes
- Mixed use of a vacation home
- Capital gains loophole closed by the IRS
Monday, April 26, 2010
- Site Coverage - The sum of the gross horizontal area of the floors of a dwelling including the square footage of any permanently roofed accessory structures such as sheds, garages, screen porches and covered decks but excluding unfinished attic areas, unfinished basement areas, and farmer's porches.
The new definition will include some areas previously omitted, such as hallways and stairs. Also, by including sheds and covered decks, homes will appear larger than they previously were.
This new definition won't be used by the assessors, only by Planning and Zoning.
Friday, April 23, 2010
The new regulations, found in item #26 in the town warrant, state that accessory structures need to be 12 ft, or the height of the building, whichever is more, from the side & back sidelines. The new regulation also states that accessory structures need to be 30 ft from any street or way.
The rationale for the new regulation is to control structure density and minimize disturbance to abutters. Maybe true - but these regulations may actually prohibit construction of detached garages on the average 20K+ sqft building lot.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
The zoning issues will be discussed on my Blog over the next few week or so.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Download your copy of my May 2010 newsletter ..Here.
Would you like to subscribe to my monthly newsletter? Simply .. Click Here.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
One new aspect of this 'find' is that the National Seashore is using satellite mapping and digital imaging to preserve both the location and design of the Somerset III for future study.
Go to the article in the Boston Globe to read this fascinating story.
Thursday, April 08, 2010
- A total of 23 single family homes sold in Eastham in the 1st quarter - up from 13 in 2009
- Total sales were roughly $9.9M - up from $8.6M in 2009
- The average home sale price was $431K
- The median sale price in in the 1st quarter was $381K.
The data is beginning to 'tell a story' about this 'new' year. Subscribe to my monthly Eastham real estate newsletter to get the rest of the data, a few graphs, and my commentary. Subscribe...Here.
(Note: photo to the right is mine)
Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Go to http://45SpringTide.RobertSheldon.com for more photos, a virtual tour, a map, and more information.