Friday, October 05, 2012

2012 "Bus Season" Is Here!

I call it our 'secret summer'. September and October have significantly diminished traffic, warmer weather, and most of the other benefits of summer on Cape Cod. But Labor Day (actually the day-after Labor Day) starts the season I call 'Bus Season'. During bus season there is a steady stream of large tour buses traveling up and down Route 6, checking out all the 'tourist' attractions along the way. You know - lighthouses, windmills, gift stores, etc., on their way to P-Town.

I took the photo below yesterday. There were 7 or 8 buses at the Seashore visitors' center. Where was my wide-angle lens when I really need it? On my way home there were 2 buses at the Gift Barn and another at the Eastham Windmill. Oh my!

Bus Season at the Seashore

No comments: