Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Winter Storm 2015 - Could Have Been Worse

The Outer Cape got what was promised. No more, no less. By my reading, we got about 10-12 inches of snow. Lots of wind. Nicely, I didn't lose power at my house (although there was a report that P-Town lost power). That's the good news.

The bad news is that the wind and waves took out the Nauset Light Beach stairs. It's become an annual event. There was some flooding on Rt 6 near Gov. Prence Rd and by the Goose Hummock in Orleans. Once again, the waves broke through the beach to overflow the Pamet River in Truro.  I'm certain there will be other damage reported tomorrow.

Spring is only 5-6 weeks away (I declare March 1st as my unofficial start to Spring). Yay!  The photo below was taken by the National Park Service mid-day today.

No comments: