- Article 16 - Municipal Water - to create what will be known as a 'Groundwater Protection Overlay District' that will protect the new municipal water system's water source by preventing harmful pollution. The district will cover most of the town of Eastham east of Route 6 and north of the transfer station. The prohibited uses list shouldn't affect any residential housing uses. Needs a 2/3 vote. - Passed
- Article 22 - Chapel in the Pines - to appropriate $207K for restoring and preserving the historical Chapel on Samoset Rd. - Passed
- Articles 27, 28, & 33 - to fix, one way or another, the mess that is the poor access to the subdivision that is currently accessed only by private roads, either Hay Rd or Hoffman Lane. [my prediction - we'll still see no real resolution to this problem] . Articles 27 & 28 are mutually exclusive and require a 2/3 vote. Article 27, which included all of 'Dirt Hay' Passed. Articles 28 & 33 were withdrawn.
- Article 30 - Affordable housing - the Town to be authorized by the voters to lease for 99 years the Purcell property (off Holms Rd) for the purpose of creating affordable housing rental units. - Passed
- Article 31 - T-Time - for the Town to acquire the 10.9 acre property on Rt 6 formerly used as a golf driving range. The purpose here is to give the Town some control over how the property gets developed. Needs a 2/3 vote. - Failed (vote was 321/228, not 2/3)
Friday, May 06, 2016
2016 Eastham Town Meeting - The Results...
The Annual Town Meeting was held on May 2nd this year in the Nauset Regional High School auditorium. This year the warrant had several articles that you might find interesting. They are below, with their results ...
The meeting was lightly attended by recent standards, well run, and not overly contentious. Yay!