- Article 7 - Defeated - Town-wide water proposal - see the article in the Tuesday Cape Cod Times... Here. This article needed a 2/3 vote to pass and missed by 33 votes (out of 1077 cast). A modified proposal was also voted on (to do only Phase 1 of a 7 phase plan) but also failed. I expect the Town officials to re-group and have us vote on another version of a smaller system this fall.
- Article 17 - Defeated - the Town decided (again) to not impose a 4% room tax on rental properties. This is roughly the same article voted up in 2010 and defeated in 2012. I fear the state will jump in here and impose the tax for us.
- Article 20 - Passed - to treat Great Pond for unhealthy phosphorus levels, which causes excessive plant and algae. Herring Pond was done in the fall and the results should be evident later this summer.
- Article 24 - Defeated - to change the long term purpose of 2 parcels of Town owned land so that they can be a part of an affordable housing solution.
- Article 33 - Passed - a revised set of zoning rules which should simplify the creation of accessory dwellings on larger lots
- Article 35 - Postponed - to fix the confusing definition of Hay Rd between Gov. Prence Rd and Deacon Paine Rd. More confusing than ever.
Thursday, May 09, 2013
2013 Eastham Town Meeting - Follow-Up
I promised in my newsletter that I would follow-up on the following articles from the Eastham Town Meeting - held Monday night in the Nauset High gym. The meeting was well attended and got loud a few times. We finished 11-ish - a long night on uncomfortable folding chairs.
Here ya go ...
Democracy at work - I guess.