Saturday, July 16, 2011

Try Something Different This Summer!

I know I'm old, but going to the Melody Tent, in Hyannis, to see the "Happy Together Tour" confirmed it.  My wife and I went to see the Association, the Buckinghams, the Turtles, the Grass Roots, and Mark Lindsay (the former lead singer for Paul Revere and the Raiders). The show, roughly 3 hours, was a continuous string of golden oldies. The hard truth is that I remembered most of the songs from my college years in the 60's. The Association looked a lot better in 1967 when my wife and I saw them at a college concert. We looked a lot better, too.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. The Melody Tent has shows all summer, from mid-June to the end of August. Many of the shows still have tickets available. The tent is a true theater-in-the round, with the stage slowly rotating so every seat gets to see the entire show. Really cool. Check out the Melody Tent website to see this summer's schedule.

No comments: