- P-Town - 2010 Population 2,942 - Down 14.3% from 2000
- Truro - 2,003 - Down 4%
- Wellfleet - 2,750 - Unchanged
- Eastham - 4,956 - Down 9.1%
- Orleans - 5,890 - Down 7.1%
- Harwich - 12,243 - Down 1.2%
- Brewster - 9,820 - Down 2.7%
- Chatham - 6,125 - Down 7.6%
The article provided some anecdotal insight as to why the population has declined so much. The 'reasons' included the lack of job advancement opportunities, and the desire of some retirees to return to where they came from (?). I have a theory that may account for some of the reduction, at least in Eastham. My theory lies in the manner in which the data is collected. I think that many folks, who still maintain a permanent home in Eastham, have chosen to call their non-Massachusetts home their 'primary' residence - for tax reasons.
Read the Cape Cod Times article...Here.