Saturday, January 30, 2010

Picture of the Day: Captain Penniman House at Fort Hill

Today was a bitterly cold, but clear, day here in Eastham. The snow is totally gone, but the constant breezes made for a windchill far below the 19 degrees. I was in the area, so I drove to the Fort Hill observation area to see what the marsh looked like. I believe that I could see a few seals in the water below, but I didn't have my binoculars with me and it was too cold to get close enough to be sure (wimp!). The photo below is of the Captain Penniman House. The entrance way is framed by old whale jawbones.

Captain Penniman House, Eastham, MA The Captain Penniman house was built in 1868 by (guess who?) Captain Penniman. The story of the house can be found on the Cape Cod National Seashore website.

No comments: