|Uncle Tim's Bridge, Wellfleet|
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Actually yesterday. As I was driving through Wellfleet I was struck by the sun shining on Uncle Tim's Bridge, so I stopped and took this photo. I love how the sun illuminates Wellfleet harbor. Enjoy!
Thursday, December 27, 2012
top 10 home design and remodeling trends for 2013. Their top trends include the move toward clean, contemporary kitchen cabinets and the rise of quartz composite counter tops. Although 'trends' vary by locale, this is a good list.
Thursday, December 20, 2012
- Never Purchase a Lot without a Building Permit
- Make your offer contingent on issuance of a full building permit for the size and type of home that you want to build. Without a permit, there is no guarantee you will be able to build your dream home, or any home at all for that matter. For a building permit you'll need both an engineered "Title V"septic plan and a water test, which likely will require a well.
- Site Engineering
- Have the site engineered with a site plan, septic design and percolation tests. You want to make sure that you have good soil conditions, and there won’t be additional expenses for fill on the site. You also want to know where the water table is on the site.
- House Design
- Depending on the location of the lot, the project may be subject to review by a historic commission, which may preclude some styling and design ideas (not generally common in Eastham).
- General Site Conditions
- Having the site engineered and applying for a permit will also identify potential issues such as, zoning, wetlands, or endangered species (ie MESA) issues that can cost time and money to address.
This article came from Reef Builders (http://www.capecodbuilder.com). They are highly experienced in both simple and complex permitting for projects and can manage the engineering, design, permitting and construction processes.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
My January 2013 newsletter is available now! This issue of my newsletter has my market update, through November, for Eastham. Additionally, you'll find a few new Eastham listings as well as my 2012 year-end preview.
This newsletter has been published every month for over 9 years. My goal, with my newsletter, is to provide accurate sales and market information about the Eastham housing marketplace, to add commentary and opinion (as appropriate), and to keep it interesting. Download your copy of my January newsletter now.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Every year, in December, we try to gather all the kids and grandkids together and spend a day making cookies. This year we had a full house, which included my twin 3 1/2 year old twin granddaughters for the first time. So much fun! Everyone went home with 6-7 dozen cookies, and some fudge and white chocolate peppermint bark. Beverly's broken wrist just forced us all to help a little bit more. Check out the cookies...
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
|30 Cape Circle, Eastham|
For more details, a map, and a Virtual Tour, go to http://30CapeCircle.robertsheldon.com. This is comfortable Cape living. Come see!
Sunday, December 09, 2012
|13 Beach Plum Lane, Eastham|
More information, a Virtual Tour, and a location map can be found at http://13BeachPlum.RobertSheldon.com.
Back in May 2010 I wrote a post on Jeremiah's Gutter, the first Cape Cod canal. The gutter was a hand-dug trench connecting the Bay with the Town Cove. The canal ran through what is today the Easthan/Orleans Rotary. Anyway, the Cape Cod Times did a video on Jeremiah's Gutter - catch it here...
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
|2350 Nauset Rd, Eastham|
More information, a Virtual Tour, and a location map can be found at http://2350NausetRd.RobertSheldon.com.
Saturday, December 01, 2012
Eastham's November sales continue to show an increase over last year. November had 12 sales, compared to October's 16 and September's 9 sales, reflecting a healthy early fall. The details.....
- There were 12 homes sold in Eastham in November.
- Total November sales were approximately $4.9M - the average home sale price was $412K
- The median sale price in November was $390K.
- There are currently 102 active single family listings in Eastham, with an average list price of $628K and a medium price of $449K.
- The average days-on-market is currently 275 days.